R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009

Good night, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  RulesRules  

The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!

Go down 
+2
Jakeyman
Peewee!
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Peewee!
im so hero and awesome and great looking
Peewee!

Male
Number of posts : 1060
The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-28

Me!
Class: Pimp
Weapon: Empty water bottle
Mount: BRATZ bicycle

The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Empty
PostSubject: The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!   The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Finally, after 20 years of waiting, The Taylor Maddox Band has finally released their long-awaited follow-up to the classic “Don’t Steal My Money”, an ambitious EP titled “Wicker Man Blues”.

“We had a really good time in the studio”, says keyboardist Michael Grant. “We were nervous at first, because we had no idea how it would turn out. I’m proud to say that it turned out to be fantastic.”

This guitar-fueled extravaganza features seven exhilarating songs that keep you on the edge of your seat. The first track, “Revol Ym Ton Si Naej Eillib”, is an epic Kashmir-esque progressive rock song written by lead guitarist Kelvin Grant, featuring Mike Portnoy on drums. It ends with a mesmerizing 2 minute guitar solo that will make you wonder why there is war and poverty.

The next song on the album, “Audioslave Sucks” was “a really hard song to make”, Taylor Maddox explains. “We did some weird voodoo crap and brought pre-sellout Chris Cornell back from the dead, with the long hair and stuff. It was some crazy crap!” The song features Chris Cornell on lead vocals. The lyrics tell a provocative story of alienation and political intrigue. The outro features a screeching falsetto by Chris Cornell that is “equal to 29 orgasms”. Chris then listened to future Chris’ album “Carry On”. He tragically died of brain cancer.

The third track is a superb cover of Stevie Wonder’s Superstition. The fourth song is The Taylor Maddox Band’s take on death metal, titled “Triplets Are For Heavy Metal Wannabes”. Ironically, the song has a bunch of triplets. How original. Definitely one of The Taylor Maddox Band’s more forgettable tunes.

The fifth song on the album is a groovy cover of Deep Purple’s famous song “Highway Star”. It features an extended guitar solo by Jake Adjutant of Runtime Error fame. The next song is “This Song Is Going To Get Me Laid”, a radio-friendly tune which is also the first single released from the album for radio play. It’s currently at #39 on the modern rock charts, but it *may* be able to get up there.

The final song on the album, “Wicker Man Blues”, is a bluesy guitar-heavy track with pounding drum beats and soaring vocals. The haunting lyrics tell a first-person perspective of a man who is being burned alive. The song has been praised by critics worldwide.

Overall, this highly-anticipated EP is a brilliant collection of songs and probably the best album of the year. It will make a fine addition to our Taylor Maddox Band collections.

The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! 1211082003

All songs written by Taylor Maddox unless stated otherwise.

01. “Revol Ym Ton Si Naej Eillib" (Kelvin Grant, Portnoy) 8:32
02. “Audioslave Sucks” (Maddox, Cornell) 5:00
03. “Superstition” (Wonder, Maddox) 4:26
04. “Triplets Are For Heavy Metal Wannabes” 2:28
05. “Highway Star” (Gillan, Maddox, Adjutant) 7:04
06. “This Song is Going to Get Me Laid” 3:30
07. “Wicker Man Blues” 6:52

Last edited by Peewee! on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male
Number of posts : 3533
Job/Hobbies : banker with a motorcar
Humour : stop to say hello
Svartikins : great
The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-02

Me!
Class: this guy
Weapon: shoe
Mount: broom broom car

PostSubject: Re: The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!   The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:00 am

I loved this album. A great follow-up to Don't Steal My Money, imo.
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/Teh_Forum
Gear Me Up
hey dude what're you doing in my break room
Gear Me Up

Male
Number of posts : 2254
Job/Hobbies : rollerblades
Humour : funny
Svartikins : and
The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-08

Me!
Class: Elvis Impersonator
Weapon: Harpoon

PostSubject: Re: The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!   The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:31 am

05. “Highway Star” (Gillan, Maddox, Adjutant) 7:04

blackmore glover lord paice wut

EDIT: GODDAMN YOU JAKEY, NOW I QUOTE WITH ITALLICS Sad
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male
Number of posts : 3533
Job/Hobbies : banker with a motorcar
Humour : stop to say hello
Svartikins : great
The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-02

Me!
Class: this guy
Weapon: shoe

PostSubject: Re: The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!   The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:33 am

HA, HA.
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/Teh_Forum
Ah, a Jinz
oh hey eric clapton whatre you doing 1100 feet in the air
Ah, a Jinz

Male
Number of posts : 2045
Svartikins : the

Registration date : 2007-09-11

Me!
Class: Sweet Wizard with A Long Beard.
Weapon: Groovy Magic
Mount: A Tiny Storm Cloud

PostSubject: Re: The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!   The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:37 pm

I heard that you put Mic Jagger inside the burning wickerman on the cover
Back to top Go down
Purple Demon
sonic herooooooooooes
Purple Demon

Male
Number of posts : 1872
Humour : What humour?
Svartikins : for

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Me!
Class: A sexy sexy princess
Weapon: Breasts
Mount: Usually its me who gets mounted.

PostSubject: Re: The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!   The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:45 am

Really? I heard it was the Fonz.
Back to top Go down
Vivi(Fly by night!)
meet me in the secret hamper
Vivi(Fly by night!)

Male
Number of posts : 582
Job/Hobbies : Time keeps on slippin'
Humour : If there's bucklerash on your classical guitar....

Registration date : 2007-09-05

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!   The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:31 am

The guitar's neck looks like a dick.
Back to top Go down
Purple Demon
sonic herooooooooooes
Purple Demon

Male
Number of posts : 1872
Humour : What humour?
Svartikins : for

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Me!
Class: A sexy sexy princess
Weapon: Breasts
Mount: Usually its me who gets mounted.

PostSubject: Re: The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!   The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:50 am

Vivi90 wrote:
The guitar's neck looks like a dick.

Is that why you like it so much.

OHHHHHHHH

BUUUUUURN
Back to top Go down
Peewee!
im so hero and awesome and great looking
Peewee!

Male
Number of posts : 1060

Registration date : 2007-09-28

Me!
Class: Pimp
Weapon: Empty water bottle
Mount: BRATZ bicycle

PostSubject: Re: The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!   The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:54 am

That was kind of the point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!   The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Taylor Maddox Band releases first album in 20 years!
Page 1 of 1