R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009

Good night, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  RulesRules  

FFW releases an album

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
furiousfretwork19.3
come closer to me and my knife and fork
furiousfretwork19.3

Male
Number of posts : 562
Humour : hai peewizz howru
FFW releases an album Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100FFW releases an album Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-05

Me!
Class: BANDIT. YOU SUCK IF YOU DON'T PICK THE BANDIT... DISREGARD THAT
Weapon: A RAPIER
Mount: MY STEED

FFW releases an album Empty
PostSubject: FFW releases an album   FFW releases an album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:57 pm

FFW releases an album DoodlePicture

Recently, Runtime Error fans Max Plarisse and Russ Eckerd have found famous artists Mark Arm, Ron Bushy, and Rick Wakeman and formed a band. Mark Arm recalls the first time he met Russ and Max. "I was at a bar in San Franciso when all of a sudden, two drunken bozos walk up to me and offer me to come to their place. I tell them that I'm not a gay hooker, but seeing that they were drunk, I hung out with them. The band kinda molded together afterwards." The band are scheduled to play April's musical festival, opening up for the Jake Adjutant Band.
The band just put out an album titled "Do It, Faggot". Max described the recording sessions as "slightly irritable" and mumbled something about how a patch of dirt could be better at drums than Bushy. Without further ado, we'll delve into the album and give a runthrough of it.

Personnel:
Mark Arm - vocals, rhythm guitar
Max Plarisse - guitar, vocals on track 3, 4 (pt. III, IV, V), 8, 10
Ron Bushy - drums
Russ Eckerd - bass
Rick Wakeman - keyboards

FFW - "Do It, Faggot" Tracklisting

All songs written by Max Plarisse except where noted

1. "Journey Through the Inside of a Urethra" - 1:01
- A sort of stoner-ish keyboard intro. When asked of its inspiration, Plarisse cited Wakeman's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" album as inspiration saying "Wakeman's album is so psychedelic. I pissed my pants in joy listening to it." However, Russ says that Plarisse listened to the album in full without any bathroom breaks.

2. "Going Down to the Wah-Wah" (Plarisse/Hammett) - 9:56
- Co-written by Kirk Hammett of Metallica, this song is a story about a guy who goes down to Wawa to get a foot long hoagie, but gets caught up in a robbery. In the middle is the most annoying guitar solo you will ever hear. The song ends with a loud bang during the end guitar solo and an argument. Mark Arm later stated that this was caused by Bushy throwing his drumstick into the mike and him throwing a crap fit because of it.

3. "I Need This *censor* Pumpkins Now!" - 2:05
- A song about Russ and his pumpkin fetish. Styled around the Dead Kennedys' style of thrashcore punk, Max plays a sloppy mess off ugly chords while Mark Arm sings inaudible lyrics, save the main line "I need this *censor* pumpkins now!" at the end of the choruses.

4. "Seven Gates of Youtube Hell" - 35:49
- A long song in the vein of Rush and Yes, "Seven Gates" is a song about "Youtube, and how it's far beyond saving," says Plarisse.

I: AMVs - 5:45
- The first part starts off with Russ saying "Hey, Max! I made an AMV!", then Linkin Park's "In the End" plays. Walking is heard, and Max slaps Russ in the face, screaming "You *censor* idiot!" We are then treated to a metal song full of AMV bashing and how "Wapanese fags deserve to burn".

II: Sonichu - 7:25
- The second part starts off with a change in tempo, followed by Mark screaming "FUCK YOU CHRIS-CHAAAAAAAAAAAN!" followed by how Christian Weston Chandler has raped our childhood with his shitty Sonic/Pokemon/self-insert comic and webcam videos. The part ends with a guitar solo.

III: Youtube is Google's female dog - 6:50
- The third part kicks off with a change to more of a progressive style, with Max on vocals. He sings about how "Google has Youtube bound and gagged with a fuckload of rules". An organ note tranisitions into part IV.

IV: Goddamn Viral Videos - 2:43
- Max then sings about Youtube's shameless promotion of Internet celebs. The part contains a few cheesy drum fills from Bushy.

V: That Goes Double For You, Fred Figglehorn. - 2:17
- The progressive melody then gains a bit of an angrier tune as Max discusses Fred and says that "I can make a video just like his with Sony Vegas". After a scale of chords, the song goes into part VI.

VI: Unnecessary Add-ons (Wakeman) - 1:00
- Written by Wakeman, this part is a giant keyboard intermission. Plarisse claims that this part's title bashes Youtube's useless additions to the site, like widescreen formatting and audio swap.

VII: WMG, You Motherfuckers (Arm/Plarisse/Bushy/Eckerd/Wakeman) - 8:49
- Mark Arm resumes his positions as vocals and the song goes all out thrash metal. The band members exert all of their anger on WMG's music removal on Youtube. At the middle of this section, Max plays a solo filled with arpeggios and trills. After a drum solo, the band resumes the riff. Then, in the last minute of the song, the band constantly goes faster until they reach peak speed. Then, they all hit their final notes, ending the song.

5. "Howru" - 5:32
- The song is based on Max's experiences in xat.com chatboxes. The song includes a simple drum riff consisting of just kicks, snares, and cymbals. Eckerd claims that the song called for a lot more, but was changed at the last minute due to Bushy's fatigue after just recording "Seven Gates".

6. "If You Play This Track Backwards, It Says 'Kill Yourself'" - 3:37
- A slow glam metal song. The band sings about the condition of the economy and how if affects the planet. Max plays the solo with a slide, making his guitar sound more like a herd of leopard seals than a musical instrument.

7. "Do It, Faggot" - 4:57
- A song about a man condoning a friend's suicide. Max plays a swingin' riff, making the song sound like it's from the 50's. For some reason, the words "Do it, faggot" are emphasized in the choruses.

8. "What Subliminal Messages?" - 2:03
- This song is a thrashcore punk song sung by Plarisse. In it, he denies any subliminal messages the previous songs may have towards loyal fans. The song contains a feedback solo after the lines "This one's for Lou Reed!"

9. "Oh, My *censor* Organs" (Wakeman) - 15:38
- The only instrumental on the album, this song contains guitar, bass, and drums, but the main focus is the keyboard. The keyboard solo lasts for about 8 minutes. Apparently, the keyboard was improvised, and Wakeman is clearly heard shouting "WHAT A DAMN GOOD SOLO" when the guitar, bass, and drums come back in.

10. "Mornin'" (Theart/Totman/Plarisse/Wakeman) - 1:06
-The song is just a repeat of the "Through the Fire and the Flames" line "Mornin'" sung over and over again by Plarisse with background keyboard from Wakeman. The song has no real purpose, and might leave others scratching their heads. Others might get the joke and laugh.
Back to top Go down
Peewee!
im so hero and awesome and great looking
Peewee!

Male
Number of posts : 1060
FFW releases an album Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100FFW releases an album Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-28

Me!
Class: Pimp
Weapon: Empty water bottle
Mount: BRATZ bicycle

PostSubject: Re: FFW releases an album   FFW releases an album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Not bad for a debut solo album.
Back to top Go down
Ah, a Jinz
oh hey eric clapton whatre you doing 1100 feet in the air
Ah, a Jinz

Male
Number of posts : 2045
Svartikins : the

Registration date : 2007-09-11

Me!
Class: Sweet Wizard with A Long Beard.
Weapon: Groovy Magic
Mount: A Tiny Storm Cloud

PostSubject: Re: FFW releases an album   FFW releases an album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:05 pm

feedback solo, nice.
Back to top Go down
furiousfretwork19.3
furiousfretwork19.3

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: FFW releases an album   FFW releases an album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:28 pm

Peewee! wrote:
Not bad for a debut solo album.

Why, thank you, Peewee.
Back to top Go down
Vivi(Fly by night!)
meet me in the secret hamper
Vivi(Fly by night!)

Male
Number of posts : 582
Job/Hobbies : Time keeps on slippin'
Humour : If there's bucklerash on your classical guitar....

Registration date : 2007-09-05

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: FFW releases an album   FFW releases an album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Not bad, FOR A PIECE OF crap
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male
Number of posts : 3533
Job/Hobbies : banker with a motorcar
Humour : stop to say hello
Svartikins : great
FFW releases an album Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100FFW releases an album Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-02

Me!
Class: this guy
Weapon: shoe
Mount: broom broom car

PostSubject: Re: FFW releases an album   FFW releases an album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:33 am

needs more anal
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/Teh_Forum
furiousfretwork19.3
furiousfretwork19.3

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: FFW releases an album   FFW releases an album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:34 am

Dave the Philanthropist wrote:
needs more anal

We'll keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFW releases an album   FFW releases an album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFW releases an album
Page 1 of 1