R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009

Good night, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  RulesRules  

No Doubt Sues Activision

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Purple Demon
sonic herooooooooooes
Purple Demon

Male
Number of posts : 1872
Humour : What humour?
Svartikins : for
No Doubt Sues Activision Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No Doubt Sues Activision Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Me!
Class: A sexy sexy princess
Weapon: Breasts
Mount: Usually its me who gets mounted.

No Doubt Sues Activision Empty
PostSubject: No Doubt Sues Activision   No Doubt Sues Activision Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 am

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/04/no-doubt-suing-activision-for-band-hero-circus-act-appearance/

The multi-platinum rock band No Doubt has filed a lawsuit against Activision in a L.A. County Superior Court claiming its likeness was "transformed" into a "virtual karaoke circus act" in over sixty songs in the recently released music title, Band Hero. According to TMZ, No Doubt claims gamers were only supposed to be able to use their likeness with three of its own tracks; however, the band is available as playable characters through the game's entire music catalog.

Of particular note is lead singer Gwen Stefani's displeasure that her likeness can be used to sing "Honky Tonk Woman" by the Rolling Stones -- a song which references sex with prostitutes -- using a male voice and mannerisms. For its "circus act" inclusion, No Doubt is seeking an injunction to halt the "unauthorized use" of the band's name and likeness, as well as an unknown amount of damages (aka mad monies).

Seems like Activision can't keep rock stars happy, dead or alive. No Doubt Sues Activision 469909
Back to top Go down

No Doubt Sues Activision
Page 1 of 1