R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009

Good night, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  RulesRules  

GH4 cliche song choices debate topic

Go down 
+2
Glamy
Tony
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony
meet me in the secret hamper

Male
Number of posts : 516
Svartikins : R.I.P.
GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-12-14

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Empty
PostSubject: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:16 pm

Debate songs here

I'll start by saying a couple things

Smells like teen spirit would in my opinion , not be a bad thing YOU WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT? Razz

Back in black also would not be the end of the world

I think there are definantley more interesting choices for AC/DC but really... IF they did it... its not that bad

Further into debate about cliche things they could choose for GH4

Bohemian rhapsody... sure it has like... no guitar for a large portion of it but it sure does get called a stupid suggestion alot... maybe it is bad for a game whos players are all ADHD and cant appreciate the singing and piano between the guitar parts but I think this song also would not be the end of the world if they did actually put it in GH4

Then theres metallica... a band in which theres a whole slew of "cliche" songs they could pick to stick in the game by them as far as they go... as long as its from ride the lightning , and justice for all , self titled (But not enter sandman again since thats in RB) , or the new album then I'm fine with that choice for them

Then theres A7X and bat country... I would take it happily even though they could pick alot more good stuff by A7X

And then theres stairway... which I don't think anyone is actually in favor of but being a non fan of led zeppelin I wouldn't care if they did do it

Then theres GNR and paradise city... all I got to say about this one is ... Is it really that bad? I don't think so

Then theres Pantera and Cemetary gates... I would rather have a couple other pantera songs before this one but I would still be glad to have that song in GH at all

Judas priest and breaking the law :/ I think this song really doesn't show the insanity of judas priest and its kind of a shame but at the same time its a kinda cool song but really I think theres a crapload of better judas priest choices

Then we got iron maiden and hallowed be thy name ... I still say hell no to this one... that songs freakin boring compared to many other songs by them

Then theres Ozzy osbourne and crazy train some of you have turned around on that but I say HELL NO to crazy train... that song is so overplayed and tired and I really enjoy other ozzy songs alot more , such as : Flying high again , Rock N roll rebel , SATO , Over the mountain , Centre of eternity , etc etc

and finally I gotta say.... GH4 BETTER NOT use anything thats already on RBs disc or they are freakin retarded

Discuss these and other "cliche" song choices that get suggested way too much by everyone
Back to top Go down
Glamy
piece of excretement

Male
Number of posts : 138
Job/Hobbies : Music related stuffs...Umm, I deliver papers?
Humour : Alice Cooper would be the greatest Santa EVER!
GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Well I could go on but I'll put it this way.

It's not that the songs are bad, but there are alternatives that sound better and are often harder on guitar. For instance.

Queen, instead of Bohemian Rhapsody(okay so it sounds better than most of them but still) it doesn't represent Brian May very well, where as Stone Cold Crazy or Brighton Rock show his guitar skills put to work.

The Led Zeppelin, Stairway is a good song, but rather boring. I'm right now standing behind The Song Remains the Same, and one more that I can't remember, but they're more fun then Stairway would ever be.

So what it comes to is what's more fun and sounds better.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 12:01 am

Realistically they aren't always going to pick whats best

I'm saying when they do pull out another cliche song its not always that bad

They did welcome to the jungle and yeah... its not much fun to play that Sad and I'm sure they are gonna do that kinda thing again in GH4 for some bands

Also I'd like to mention I hope they don't continue putting in crap nobody listens to like "Mauvais garcon" and pals

They should fill up the bonus section with relativley popular modern assorted music thats all in english
Back to top Go down
Glamy
piece of excretement

Male

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:11 am

Actually I rather liked the bonus tracks. I'd probably listen to Mauvais Garcon more if it wasn't so hard to get the rhythm.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:35 am

I love Mauvais Garcon Sad
And the Metallica song will be Master Of Puppets. I'm 95% certain.
Judas Priest won't be Breaking The Law. They know they have songs with better guitar.
Zep is gonna be Stairway as the final encore. Which wouldn't happen if they looked at OGHF ;-;
And what's so bad about Crazy Train? It's not the best, but it's still good.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:11 am

7 wrote:
Judas Priest won't be Breaking The Law. They know they have songs with better guitar.
Zep is gonna be Stairway as the final encore. Which wouldn't happen if they looked at OGHF ;-;

I donno

GH1 had "You got another thing coming" by judas priest but then again thats when GH was run by dumbasses so I donno

Whats wrong with crazy train you ask? My problem with it is I've heard it like LITERALLY 10,000+ times without even trying to
Back to top Go down
DAC
not sparta
DAC

Male
Number of posts : 831

Registration date : 2007-11-28

Me!
Class: Merchant
Weapon: Creepy Voice
Mount: Camel

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 4:25 pm

D00D, Welcome To The Jungle was very fun.

Back In Black would not be the end of the world as you said, I saw 1 chart once that looked cool, but AC/DC has songs way better for GH, Touch Too Much, Whole Lotta Rosie, Have A Drink On Me...

Bohemian Rhapsody has awesome solos, but there's like no guitar for most of the song, so no.

Metallica would only be good if they use one song from their 80s stuff.

Paradise City would be pretty fun to play, but there's better. Same thing to Cemetary Gates.

Crazy Train would be very fun to play, but Rock N Roll Rebel >>>>>>>>>> all

HBTN would be good, but Maiden has better.

And seriously, there is only a minimum chance of Zep being in GH, and if they use Stairway I'll just send a bomb to them...
Back to top Go down
GM
alpha-numeric pimp
GM

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Job/Hobbies : professional slacker
Svartikins : i can see what im typing now

Registration date : 2007-11-13

Me!
Class: white
Weapon: AK-47
Mount: wtf is a mount

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:22 pm

Ok.........

I don't like smells like teen spirit, but I really don't think there is a song by Nirvana that could realistically be in a GH game that is any better.

Back in black would be fun. Have a Drink on Me, Whole Lotta Rosie, or Thunderstruck would be better.

Bohemian Rhapsody has some good solos, but there isn't any guitar for a while so it would probably suck.

Metallica has a ton of fun songs, like Whiplash or Fade To Black.

I dont know what people have against bat country, but i think it would be incredibly fun.

Stairway sucks.

Paradise City is, imo, the best choice for GH out of a GNR song. Go ahead and yell at me for "ZOMFG GNR HAS MOOR THEN THREE SONGZ YOU IDIOT". I am a huge fan and i know almost all of their songs, and i think Paradise City would pwn.

I really don't have an opinion about Pantera and Cemetary Gates, except that i really wish neversoft had not broken their promise for revolution is my name, that would have been awesome.

There are a ton of better Judas Priest choices. Breaking the Law would suck compared to Metal Meltdown, Painkiller, Hellrider, Exciter, All Guns Blazing, or even Hell Bent for Leather.

Again, Maiden has many better songs. What about Aces High for gods sake, its a hit and it has better guitar than the Maiden cliches.

For Ozzy, almost all of his songs have great guitar. Crazy Train would be really fun, and so would many others.

Discussed.
Back to top Go down
Glamy
piece of excretement

Male

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Tony wrote:
7 wrote:

I donno

GH1 had "You got another thing coming" by judas priest but then again thats when GH was run by dumbasses so I donno

Whats wrong with crazy train you ask? My problem with it is I've heard it like LITERALLY 10,000+ times without even trying to

Actually I thought GH1 had by far the best list of songs...But then that's because there's Queen AND David Bowie. Having those two automatically ups the ante for me.
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male
Number of posts : 3533
Job/Hobbies : banker with a motorcar
Humour : stop to say hello
Svartikins : great
GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-02

Me!
Class: this guy
Weapon: shoe
Mount: broom broom car

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:01 pm

Bartholomew The Jew wrote:
I don't like smells like teen spirit, but I really don't think there is a song by Nirvana that could realistically be in a GH game that is any better.

... what would you know?

And yes, these could ALL be in GH.
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/Teh_Forum
Gear Me Up
hey dude what're you doing in my break room
Gear Me Up

Male
Number of posts : 2254
Job/Hobbies : rollerblades
Humour : funny
Svartikins : and

Registration date : 2007-09-08

Me!
Class: Elvis Impersonator
Weapon: Harpoon

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:25 pm

It doesn't matter if other people like the same songs as you. If you stop liking a song just because other people do, you never really liked the song in the first place. Though it's just an act to be "underground", "original", and hardcore.
Back to top Go down
GM
alpha-numeric pimp
GM

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Job/Hobbies : professional slacker
Svartikins : i can see what im typing now

Registration date : 2007-11-13

Me!
Class: white
Weapon: AK-47
Mount: wtf is a mount

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:16 pm

Bangers and Mash wrote:
Bartholomew The Jew wrote:

... what would you know?

And yes, these could ALL be in GH.

REALISTICALLY

theyre not gonna put any of those in GH except for maybe breed. They are all good choices, but there is no way Harmonix/Neversoft will put them in because not many people know them
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male
GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Right_bar_bleue

Me!

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:28 pm

Not many people knew The Seeker, so why didn't they use Pinball Wizard?
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Activision had full capability of getting nirvana in GH3 and they didnt

They had nirvana in THPG so I'm totally sure they couldve had them in GH3

Who says nirvana will even be in GH4? :O
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:34 pm

I don't care if Nirvana are in GH4. Rock Band gets the whole of Nevermind.

... though, I do wish it were Incesticide. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:37 pm

Bangers and Mash wrote:
I don't care if Nirvana are in GH4. Rock Band gets the whole of Nevermind.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure they do

At the rate its been going I don't think they are ever going to release it on RB

Same goes for the other whole CDs they said theyd do
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Good things come to those who wait! santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GH4 cliche song choices debate topic   GH4 cliche song choices debate topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GH4 cliche song choices debate topic
Page 1 of 1