R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009

Good night, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  RulesRules  

Oblivion discussion topic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony
meet me in the secret hamper

Male
Number of posts : 516
Svartikins : R.I.P.
Oblivion discussion topic Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Oblivion discussion topic Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-12-14

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

Oblivion discussion topic Empty
PostSubject: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:59 am

I rented Oblivion a couple times before and I saw it in Target for 30 bucks so I bought it

I'm pretty confused about the whole thing

I got a lvl 8 Lizard Summoner/Warrior type thingy going on

With some fucked up vampired Troll lvl 7 warrior type thing

and a lvl 5 dark elf mage thing with a bow lol

and a lvl 2 mage I made that got somehow stuck on some quest basically forever cause that martin guy dissapeared O_o lol

and my sister made a lvl 1 theif type girl human thing

Anyway I'm pretty confused

Does this game get better as you go?

Are the later summons really cool/strong? Cause so far they are just like... meh w/e (The best I got so far is a fire thingy and a skeleton guardian) they hold up pretty well but it takes up most of my mana

Do the heavy armor people ever get like... some really cool armor or special melee attacks? Cause so far as far as I can tell its the same thing forever but with some weapons sometimes having added effects

Is it a stupid thing to be like a mix between a warrior and a summoner?

Would it be better to go full out in 1 type?

Like a character dedicated to the all the magics and another one dedicated to all the melee and armor stuff?

I'm just very confused

Also.... is this story freaking going anywhere? lol

Is it just me or is this game just TOTALLY non linear?

Should I just do the main story in a row? Or should I join just 1 guild and go with its story all the way? or should I just continue it being a big orgy of confusion?

LOL I killed the warriors guilds pet dog so they expelled me from the guild and then locked me in the building and they all attacked me and I just killed about half of their members before I gave up and went to jail lol XD

AAAAAAAHHHH! lol

Someone just explain alot of stuff about this game to me because right now it seems like "Non linear RPG of mixed class characters who kill everything in 1 hit IV : Oblivion"
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male
Number of posts : 3533
Job/Hobbies : banker with a motorcar
Humour : stop to say hello
Svartikins : great
Oblivion discussion topic Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Oblivion discussion topic Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-02

Me!
Class: this guy
Weapon: shoe
Mount: broom broom car

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:05 pm

Does this game get better as you go? Hell, yes. Some of the later Dark Brotherhood quests are epic. Like "Whodunnit?".

Do the heavy armor people ever get like... some really cool armor or special melee attacks? Cause so far as far as I can tell its the same thing forever but with some weapons sometimes having added effects Well, there're cool enchanted armours all around. Heavy people get The Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw, and light guys get the Svaiour's Hide.

Is it a stupid thing to be like a mix between a warrior and a summoner? No, but summoning takes a lot of Magicka, and it would be better to just be a healer or destruction guy.

Would it be better to go full out in 1 type? Fuck, no. If you take both Blade and Blunt, only one wil level up.

Also.... is this story freaking going anywhere? Yes. The paradise level is awesome.

Is it just me or is this game just TOTALLY non linear? ... no duh.

Should I just do the main story in a row? Or should I join just 1 guild and go with its story all the way? or should I just continue it being a big orgy of confusion? Orgy of confusion. Like, the Vahatceen mission in the Mage's Guild is hard as fuck, and so you ma not want to do that one for a while...
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/Teh_Forum
Tony

Male
Oblivion discussion topic Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Oblivion discussion topic Right_bar_bleue

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:39 pm

Julie for Prime Minister wrote:
Would it be better to go full out in 1 type? Fuck, no. If you take both Blade and Blunt, only one wil level up.

I mean should I be just a mage or just a melee or should I continue being both mixed together?
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male
Oblivion discussion topic Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Oblivion discussion topic Right_bar_bleue

Me!

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:40 pm

Do what you'll like and use most.

Like I have thief skills, warrior skills, AND mage skills.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:42 pm

Julie for Prime Minister wrote:
Do what you'll like and use most.

Like I have thief skills, warrior skills, AND mage skills.

But you said summoning is a waste of time?
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:43 pm

Summoning is.

But healing and destruction are great skills.

Healing allows more invintory space, by making you carry less potions.

Destruction allows you to attack enemies from a distance, without needing a bow.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:05 pm

Ive made like a ton of characters

And I got freakin reach on my CLEPTOMANIAC custom character but shes really weak and has a hard time killing the guards she makes her precious money off of lol

I want to make a character with OPTIMUM damage/healing/speed/weight carrying/money making

I'm thinking of maybe doing

Strength
Intellegence

Heavy armor
Blade
Destruction
Healing
Acrobatics
Athletics
Illusion

Maybe

I donno

Cause you see what I do is go to the town with the theifs guild fence guy (Ognar or w/e his name is) I kill the guards and rob houses blind and keep bringing the stuff to him over and over lol

But the problem is my current character is such a weenie it takes her like a minute to kill a guard with her sword at lvl 8

I figure if I had illusion I could turn invisible when I want the guards to lay off

I figure Destruction+Blade+Heavy armor for massive killing but at the same time maybe choosing a magic related birthsign for more mana

Restoration for obvious reasons

Acrobatics and Athletics for obvious reasons (To get away from enemies and stuff plus moving faster is always good)

What do you think?

I just wanna make the right character before I start actually doing the story stuff

Edit :

I made a high elve female custom class mage with

Strength
Intellegence

Acrobatics
Atheletics
Light armor
Destruction
Restoration
Mysticism
Blade

Birthsign : mage

Shes doing way better I like this character alot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:45 pm

I didn't pick conjuration as a major and it looks like I'll never be able to summon anything ever

I tried to buy summon skeleton but it says it requires a minimum of lvl 25 conjuration skill

If you need 25 conjuration to summon the weakest pet in the game then that means you can't conjure at all unless its a major skill :O

Or am I missing some any level skill summon?
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:00 am

Tony wrote:
I'm thinking of maybe doing

Strength
Intellegence

Heavy armor
Blade
Destruction
Healing
Acrobatics
Athletics

Illusion

... no. If you take Athletics and Acrobatcs, your character will level up faster. I know, that sounds like a good thing. Vut the enemies get stronger as you level up. You'll have 100 acrobatics and athletics, and, like, 40 Blade and Heavy Armour. You'll die. A lot.

I suggest Armourer (for the ability to repair you armour on the spot, and once you get to 50, enchanted stuff), and Mysticism (so you can unlock doors with spells).

Illusion is parttly useful, but you won't find yourself using it all that much.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:34 pm

Julie! Very Happy wrote:
I suggest Armourer (for the ability to repair you armour on the spot, and once you get to 50, enchanted stuff), and Mysticism (so you can unlock doors with spells).

I dont need to unlock doors with spells I have complete mastery of the lockpicks
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:47 pm

I should mention that I also go to jail so much in oblivion that I think it balances it out lol
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 6:13 am

Oh, you're one of those "MAI ONLI INCUM IS STEALIN STUF" people. I see now.

Though, money really isn't all that important.

The only things I stole were a part of the Thieve's Guild (and one Mage's Guild) quests.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 2:58 pm

Sieg Heil Julie! Very Happy wrote:
Oh, you're one of those "MAI ONLI INCUM IS STEALIN STUF" people. I see now.

Though, money really isn't all that important.

The only things I stole were a part of the Thieve's Guild (and one Mage's Guild) quests.

I made 2 new characters

A dark knight and an assassin (Custom class but named it assassin) Razz

I stopped majoring in athletics and acrobatics though cause that does make some sense

I have hardly gotten anywhere in the game but Ive been having a blast just making a zillion characters trying to find a really cool one
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 5:30 am

I got Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine yesterday.

Shivering Isles is cool, but Mania kind of freaks me out. It's very surreal.

Knights of the Nine's basically normal, same world and such, but it's also really fun.

This is the game that keeps on giving. santa
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 5:34 am

I think I finally made a character I'm gonna stick with Very Happy

Shes a

Race : High elf
Sex : Female
Birthsign : The mage
Main stat 1 : Intellect
Main stat 2 : Willpower
Main skill 1 : Destruction
Main skill 2 : Restoration
Main skill 3 : Illusion
Main skill 4 : Conjuration
Main skill 5 : Mysticism
Main skill 6 : Alteration
Main skill 7 : Mercantile

So basically shes an UBER fucking mage who is good at getting rich (Between the illusion and mercantile skills I can get people to pay almost full price for stuff Very Happy)

I named the class "Arch mage" Razz

I'm not getting the Oblivion DLC untill I get really far in the game cause I'm just assuming its for later on in the game
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:53 am

Not really. You can do it whenever.

Like, if you did the Kvatch quest at level one, the enemies would be fodder, and your allies could actually help.

But if you did it at level 25... you'd die. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:35 pm

Hey wtf is the purpose of telekenisis?

So far all I can assume is its to help you steal things and help you carry something heavy when you get over encumbered
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 8:10 am

I don't know, seeing as you can hold the Left Bumper to move an object manually.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:28 pm

How am I supposed to fill up a grand soul gem? I got one ghosts soul in it and then it won't let me stuff in more ghosts souls

It says its only at lesser but it acts like its totally full D:
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:47 pm

I found a great oblivion site btw

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion

Anyway though I been trying to enchant items for myself

I just managed to find a greater soul gem with soul level of greater so I duped it XD

But.....

I think my character looks best in the black and burgundy outfit and its 1 piece D: I could get 2x as much stats if I wore 2 pieces

and I gotta ask

WILL I EVER FUCKING HAVE ANYTHING TO WEAR BESIDES 5 DIFF COLORED OUTFITS AND 5ISH DIFF COLORED ROBES? OMG IZ GUNA KIL MISE

I really wanna wear something different at SOME point in the fucking game
Back to top Go down
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:27 am

Tony wrote:
How am I supposed to fill up a grand soul gem? I got one ghosts soul in it and then it won't let me stuff in more ghosts souls

It says its only at lesser but it acts like its totally full D:

Each sould gem can only hold one soul. And then it disappears.

Unless it's Azura's Star, which is an unlimited-use Grand Soul Gem.

You can start the quest at... *drumroll* ... LEVEL TWO!
Back to top Go down
Tony

Male

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:05 pm

XD Its ok I got a grand soul gem with grand level and just dupe it when I need gems now

I BEAT THE MAGES GUILD QUESTS Very Happy I'm the arch mage :DDDD

Next I think I will make a melee oriented character and do the main , dark , and fighters guild quests

oh and I made a set of clothes ALL with chameleon on them it basically makes you immortal because nobody can see you at all , if I put it all on I'm over 100% invisible and still capable of doing things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion discussion topic   Oblivion discussion topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oblivion discussion topic
Page 1 of 1