R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009

Good night, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  RulesRules  

Points System, Mk.II

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Purple Demon
sonic herooooooooooes
Purple Demon

Male
Number of posts : 1872
Humour : What humour?
Svartikins : for
Points System, Mk.II Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Points System, Mk.II Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Me!
Class: A sexy sexy princess
Weapon: Breasts
Mount: Usually its me who gets mounted.

Points System, Mk.II Empty
PostSubject: Points System, Mk.II   Points System, Mk.II Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 3:45 am

As you’ll hopefully remember, I tried implementing a points system before, and it failed. Horribly. Epically. Anyway, I’ve gone back to the drawing board and this is what I’ve come up with. Any feedback appreciated.

Points System

Part 1: Previous Points

• Previous points will not be carried over onto the new system or impact it in any way, nor will actions since the dissolution of the original points system that would warrant points in the new one.

Part 2: Referrals

• 2 points for referring a member to the forums.
o Also applies to bringing back old members.
o Must not be a duplicate account, said action will result in a points deduction and possible suspension from Teh Forum.
o 10 point bonus when referred member reaches 200 posts.
- Posts must be informative and NOT spam.
o 10 point bonus when the referred member stays active for 3 months.
- After those 3 months, you gain 5 points for every 10 points that the referred member has got.
• If you have one or more stars at the time of referring a member, then they will be given a 25 points boost after 3 months of activity, and 200 decent posts.
o An additional 25 points will be available for each star, but the requirements for each bonus will be raised each time.

Part 3: Posting

• Points given for informative, funny, helpful or generally awesome posts.
o Amount of points will depend on how good the post is.
o More points will be given for consistent good posting.
• Points will be lost for spam, or repeated stupid posting.
o This can include grave digging without reason, whining, cussing, and other idiocy.
o More points will be taken away for consistent bad posting.

Part 4: Chatbox

• Points given for consistent, active, rule-abiding use of chatbox.
o More points given the more you use chatbox.
o Points will not be taken away for using Xat, as I don’t want to stop people using it. However, using Xat will gain you no points.
• Points will be removed for consistent cussing in chatbox, or other rule breaking.

Part 5: What This Means.

• Your points bar can go up to 100. However, each time you hit 100 points, you will get a star under your name and your bar will be reset.
• You can have a maximum of 5 stars under your name
o These stars are not safe. They can be removed with enough points deductions.
• There will be good and bad consequences for being good/bad children, and many of these consequences will be based on just how well you’ve fared in the points system.
o Suggestions as to what incentives to employ to get you, the users to follow this points system are greatly appreciated. Moderatorships are definitely an option.
• Only admins can give out points.
o You have a right to know what you are getting points for. We will tell you most of the time, but if you miss something and you want to know, just ask an admin and they’ll tell you, as all points will be logged in the Admin Forum.
- This also applies to points deductions.

This will go live on Monday 21st. Before then, any ideas for incentives to follow this will be greatly appreciated, as said above. Also as said above, one incentive being considered is Moderator positions for people who get enough stars.

Also, if you see any grey areas, or anything you think could be added before this is implemented, let me know. Best case scenario, it grabs peoples attention and maybe a couple more members. Worst case, no-one cares, and things run as they are now, which seems to be not running at all. I’m sure you’ll agree that it’s worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Vivi(Fly by night!)
meet me in the secret hamper
Vivi(Fly by night!)

Male
Number of posts : 582
Job/Hobbies : Time keeps on slippin'
Humour : If there's bucklerash on your classical guitar....
Points System, Mk.II Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Points System, Mk.II Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-05

Me!
Class:
Weapon:
Mount:

PostSubject: Re: Points System, Mk.II   Points System, Mk.II Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:58 am

lol, 200 posts of not spam at all. good luck with that
Back to top Go down
Purple Demon
sonic herooooooooooes
Purple Demon

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: Points System, Mk.II   Points System, Mk.II Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:08 pm

In general, not 100%. I highly doubt anyone could post 200 times without spamming once.

EXCEPT ME CAUSE I'M UBER LOLOLOLOLOL 21
Back to top Go down
Tanner Feng
paris hilton's toilet tissue
Tanner Feng

Male
Number of posts : 346
Job/Hobbies : Student
Humour : Yo Face!

Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Points System, Mk.II   Points System, Mk.II Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:37 pm

This is a really good idea. I'll be a good boy.

But i'm NOT taking my medicine Very Happy Yay! Yay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unofficialguitarheroforum.com
Laidshade
piece of excretement
Laidshade

Male
Number of posts : 153
Job/Hobbies : None
Humour : None
Svartikins : None

Registration date : 2008-08-13

Me!
Class: Your dad
Weapon: Hand
Mount: Your mom

PostSubject: Re: Points System, Mk.II   Points System, Mk.II Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:32 am

What if everyone are good boys? We'll have like 20 mods and 2 members, much like xat, where all guests are banned.
Back to top Go down
Purple Demon
sonic herooooooooooes
Purple Demon

Male

Me!

PostSubject: Re: Points System, Mk.II   Points System, Mk.II Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:04 am

Obviously we won't be handing out moderatorships to everyone. We're open to any suggestions for incentives, but that is just one of them.
Back to top Go down
Svartman.
alpha-numeric pimp
Svartman.

Male
Number of posts : 1182
Location : Viva Italia, where the girls are hot. And the beaches are nude. (Until July 15th).
Job/Hobbies : Webmaster.
Humour : I hate you all. ALL.
Points System, Mk.II Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Points System, Mk.II Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-02

Me!
Class: Webmaster
Weapon: BANHAMMER!
Mount: Mech Suit.

PostSubject: Re: Points System, Mk.II   Points System, Mk.II Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:49 pm

Laidshade wrote:
What if everyone are good boys? We'll have like 20 mods and 2 members, much like xat, where all guests are banned.

And whose fault is that?

Did the people ever think that the guests (non-spammer) could be recruited to the forum?
Back to top Go down
https://tehforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Points System, Mk.II   Points System, Mk.II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Points System, Mk.II
Page 1 of 1