R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009

Good night, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  RulesRules  

Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Purple Demon
sonic herooooooooooes
Purple Demon

Male
Number of posts : 1872
Humour : What humour?
Svartikins : for
Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Me!
Class: A sexy sexy princess
Weapon: Breasts
Mount: Usually its me who gets mounted.

Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall. Empty
PostSubject: Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall.   Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall. Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:49 am

Sure we we're pretty much positive that DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero were coming, but now Activision has made it official, official, and they're coming this fall.

Activision says the games will "redefine the company's popular music gaming platform" and "transform the way consumers enjoy and engage with music."

DJ Hero will expand social gaming to all new consumers with diverse music genres including hip-hop, R&B, Motown, electronica and dance. The game will, as was to be expected, also introduce a new turntable controller. Official details aren't out quite yet, but you can read up on our news-breaking rumor story here and check out the game's peripheral here. Guitar Hero 5 will include both modern and classic rock bands and give players an "unprecedented level of control over the way they play the game with the ability to drop in and out of songs and change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly."

Finally, Band Hero appears to be a Guitar Hero game for the younger crowd. The game will have an E10 rating and feature top-40 hits designed to appeal to a family audience. The game will include guitar, drums, bass and microphone.

"Guitar Hero has made music social again and has become one of the most popular ways to experience music," said Dan Rosensweig, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Guitar Hero franchise. "Today's fans enjoy a variety of music and are looking for more ways to engage with their favorite songs, artists and fellow fans. These games will let them listen, participate and socialize with music in ways they have never been able to before."

Bingo. As far as I know, the only news site to get this up before me was Kotaku, where I shamelessly lifted it from. Camping games sites does pay off Very Happy

http://kotaku.com/5243549/

Do you think this will mean GH5 is a guitar-only game again? Discuss.

Last edited by Purple Demon on Thu May 07, 2009 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ah, a Jinz
oh hey eric clapton whatre you doing 1100 feet in the air
Ah, a Jinz

Male
Number of posts : 2045
Svartikins : the
Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-11

Me!
Class: Sweet Wizard with A Long Beard.
Weapon: Groovy Magic
Mount: A Tiny Storm Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall.   Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall. Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:51 am

the game with the ability to drop in and out of songs and change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly.

Probably not Guitar Only.
Back to top Go down
Purple Demon
sonic herooooooooooes
Purple Demon

Male
Number of posts : 1872
Humour : What humour?
Svartikins : for

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Me!
Class: A sexy sexy princess
Weapon: Breasts
Mount: Usually its me who gets mounted.

PostSubject: Re: Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall.   Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall. Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:55 am

Maybe it just means guitar, bass and rhythm guitars. Mind you, if Band Hero is just for the kiddies, then it's likely GH5 will also be full band.
Back to top Go down
Peewee!
im so hero and awesome and great looking
Peewee!

Male
Number of posts : 1060

Registration date : 2007-09-28

Me!
Class: Pimp
Weapon: Empty water bottle
Mount: BRATZ bicycle

PostSubject: Re: Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall.   Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall. Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:24 pm

I read in OXM that GH5 will be full-band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall.   Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Hero, GH5, and DJ Hero confirmed for this fall.
Page 1 of 1