R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009

Good night, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  RulesRules  

Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Purple Demon
sonic herooooooooooes
Purple Demon

Male
Number of posts : 1872
Humour : What humour?
Svartikins : for
Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Me!
Class: A sexy sexy princess
Weapon: Breasts
Mount: Usually its me who gets mounted.

Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Empty
PostSubject: Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots   Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:55 am

Right, last night, I saw Rise Against, Anti-Flag and the Flobots at the Pyramids. First date on the tour, whee.

Got outside the Pyramids about 5 hours before the gig began, and was talking to this guy and his girlfriend who were seeing Rise Against for the 9th time.

Doors opened at 7:30, and Flobots came on before that. Being the opening band, they got a naturally weak reaction, but Handlebars, Stand Up and Rise still went over fairly well. Also, the breakdancing rasta dude got a pretty good reaction.

Anti-Flag were next, and MAN did they play a good set. Easily the best set I've ever seen. Songs like Press Corpse, One Trillion Dollars, This is the End and *bleep* Police Brutality got the crowd really going. Also, the circle pits were even bigger than the ones at Escape the Fate or BMTH. God. Would've liked them to play Spit in the Face but you can't win them all, I guess.

Rise Against were next, and played a very good set. Give it All, Prayer of the Refugee, Survive, A Life Less Frightening, and Hero of War were all great, but was a bit saddened that they didn't play Paper Wings. Oh well. The one thing that was most disappointing is that their setlist as a whole seemed far to choreographed. There was no real encore, instead they went off for 5 minutes about 45 minutes before their set ended, and then came back on for 5 songs. It was still a great gig though, and I can't wait to get the chance to see any of the bands again.

Flobots were good, but couldn't really get the crowd moving. For an opening band though, they did pretty well. 6.5/10

Anti-Flag were easily the best band. Best set I've ever seen, and the pits were insane. 9.5/10

Rise Against were pretty good, but way too choreographed and no proper encore. Still, the set was really intense. I was worn out from Anti-Flag so I stayed out of the major pits, but it was still really good. 7.5/10

Also, I got a poster signed by Justin Sane, Chris #2 and Pat (The Anti-Flag drummer). Yay!

You will really enjoy the gig when you see it, Stevo.

Next gig: Senses Fail at the Wedgewood Rooms, Sunday April 19th.
Back to top Go down
Stevo
bad mod
Stevo

Male
Number of posts : 668
Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-02

Me!
Class: Punk
Weapon: Dual Knives
Mount: An Orchestra of Wolves :P

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots   Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:48 am

Bloody Hell....Anti Flag will be mad and yay for One Trillion Dollars being played
Shame bout no Paper Wings but at least Hero of War was played.....did RA play more songs from thier new album?

But from seeing this, This Friday will be *censor* mad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CowCore
alpha-numeric pimp
CowCore

Male
Number of posts : 1117

Me!
Class: Freakin' Jedi
Weapon: Lightsaber
Mount: Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots   Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:14 am

I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
Purple Demon
sonic herooooooooooes
Purple Demon

Male
Number of posts : 1872
Humour : What humour?
Svartikins : for

Registration date : 2008-03-28

Me!
Class: A sexy sexy princess
Weapon: Breasts
Mount: Usually its me who gets mounted.

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots   Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 am

As far as I remember, they played Collapse and Audience of One from their new album as well. And yeah, Hero of War was epic.
Back to top Go down
Stevo
bad mod
Stevo

Male
Number of posts : 668

Me!
Class: Punk
Weapon: Dual Knives
Mount: An Orchestra of Wolves :P

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots   Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:17 am

Ok I Finally see them and here's my conclusion

Flobots: At first I thought they were going to be meh but they were good with songs like Stand Up, Fight For Tools, Iraq etc and there were even a mosh pit during Handlebars but the difference in this gig is that Rise wasn't played

Anti Flag: *censor* Insane.....the pits were like more insane than the ones in Atreyu and As I Lay Dying gigs Very Happy .......played the songs stated before by Shredd but they also played Modern Rome Burning and Smartest Bomb but no Bright Lights of America which is a bit different

Rise Against: Also *censor* Insane.....even before they came on everyone were pushing back and foward.....Hero of War was epic was dedicated by the band to a member of The Exploited who was suppose to be at the gig....they also played Prayer of the Refugee, Re-education (Through Labor), Give it All and Collapse and it was amazing Smile

Best Gig I've been to so far

Next Gig: Papa Roach on 16th April
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots   Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise Against/Anti-Flag/Flobots
Page 1 of 1