R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009

Good night, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  RulesRules  

3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stevo
bad mod
Stevo

Male
Number of posts : 668
3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1003 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-02

Me!
Class: Punk
Weapon: Dual Knives
Mount: An Orchestra of Wolves :P

3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Empty
PostSubject: 3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT   3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:07 am

GHWT is getting bigger and better and more Epic Win

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75847

Quote :
Guitar Hero® fans will have a unique opportunity to unleash their inner rockstar as they come together and kick out some jams with exclusive re-records by MC5’s Wayne Kramer, Motörhead and The Sex Pistols in Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® World Tour.

Just shy of the 40th anniversary of the seminal performance in October 1968 when “Kick Out the Jams” was originally recorded, founder and lead guitarist Wayne Kramer went back into the recording studio with original producer Bruce Botnick to re-record the track exclusively for Guitar Hero World Tour. Featuring the vocals recorded by Rob Tyner in 1968, Wayne Kramer was joined by friends Jerry Cantrell of Alice and Chains and Gilby Clark formerly of Guns ‘N’ Roses – at The Woodshed Recorder, studio of composer and ex-Oingo Boingo keyboardist Richard Gibbs – to update and modernize the sound without taking away from the original visceral garage sound that made MC5 famous and helped start the Punk Rock revolution.

Last year when they re-recorded “Anarchy in the U.K.” as a Guitar Hero exclusive, fellow Punk Rock band The Sex Pistols – with original members John Lydon on vocals, guitarist Steve Jones, drummer Paul Cook and producer Chris Thomas – also re-recorded “Pretty Vacant” utilizing the original analog sound board (circa 1969) that was built for George Martin at Air Studios, London, England in order to maintain the classic sound. Further extending the immense depth of the Guitar Hero World Tour set list is world renowned recording artist Motörhead who returned to the studio to re-record their smash hit “Overkill,” which had originally appeared on their 1979 album, Overkill.

“We set out to deliver a soundtrack for Guitar Hero that envelopes as many genres, styles and artists as possible without limiting scope,” said Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Activision Blizzard. “When highly respected artists such as MC5’s Wayne Kramer, Motörhead and The Sex Pistols are willing to go back into the recording studio to re-record their music exclusively for the game, the fans win by getting a unique experience of old yet new legendary sounds.”
Back to top Go down
Peewee!
im so hero and awesome and great looking
Peewee!

Male
Number of posts : 1060
3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1003 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-28

Me!
Class: Pimp
Weapon: Empty water bottle
Mount: BRATZ bicycle

PostSubject: Re: 3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT   3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Isn't the entire MC5 lineup still together?
Back to top Go down
Tanner Feng
paris hilton's toilet tissue
Tanner Feng

Male
Number of posts : 346
Job/Hobbies : Student
Humour : Yo Face!

Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: 3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT   3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:47 pm

OVERKILL! @$#% YEAH!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unofficialguitarheroforum.com
Svartman.
alpha-numeric pimp
Svartman.

Male
Number of posts : 1182
Location : Viva Italia, where the girls are hot. And the beaches are nude. (Until July 15th).
Job/Hobbies : Webmaster.
Humour : I hate you all. ALL.
3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 1003 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Right_bar_bleue

Me!
Class: Webmaster
Weapon: BANHAMMER!
Mount: Mech Suit.

PostSubject: Re: 3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT   3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Motorhead also re-recorded Ace of Spades for Rock Band 2.

These people need to get their act together. Neutral

Also: Re-recorded does NOT mean good. Remember the craptastic quality of Anarchy in the UK (2007)?
Back to top Go down
https://tehforum.forumotion.com
Jakeyman
this guy
Jakeyman

Male
Number of posts : 3533
Job/Hobbies : banker with a motorcar
Humour : stop to say hello
Svartikins : great
3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 1003 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Right_bar_bleue

Me!
Class: this guy
Weapon: shoe
Mount: broom broom car

PostSubject: Re: 3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT   3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:05 pm

But it could also be good, ala Cult of Personality, and the Jimmy Buffett stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/Teh_Forum
Svartman.
alpha-numeric pimp
Svartman.

Male
Number of posts : 1182
Location : Viva Italia, where the girls are hot. And the beaches are nude. (Until July 15th).
Job/Hobbies : Webmaster.
Humour : I hate you all. ALL.
3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 1003 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Right_bar_bleue

Me!
Class: Webmaster
Weapon: BANHAMMER!
Mount: Mech Suit.

PostSubject: Re: 3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT   3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:06 pm

Dave the Firefighter wrote:
But it could also be good, ala Cult of Personality, and the Jimmy Buffett stuff.

Touche, good sir.

Fist-shake
Back to top Go down
https://tehforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT   3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 New Re-Recorded Songs confirmed for GHWT
Page 1 of 1