R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Teh Forum, 2007 - 2009

Good night, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  RulesRules  

Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ah, a Jinz
oh hey eric clapton whatre you doing 1100 feet in the air
Ah, a Jinz

Male
Number of posts : 2045
Svartikins : the
Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-11

Me!
Class: Sweet Wizard with A Long Beard.
Weapon: Groovy Magic
Mount: A Tiny Storm Cloud

Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable" Empty
PostSubject: Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable"   Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:05 am

Finally, after 2 years of waiting, the 3rd studio release from Runtime Error hits the shelves. The album, Service Unavailable, eludes to their times on the "Guitar Hero Game" forums, as stated in an interview with Joey Cosentino last week. He also mentioned in the interview that it's been hard to collaborate because the band members have been busy, stating that "Eifion is the only one who can mash all of our music together, and he's been busy directing his new movie. Also, after the ordeal with Toki, we've all been kind of sidetracked recently."

In anycase, this album is an absolute marvel. The album track is obviously the hit single of the album. In an interview with Brandon Lehman, he said "We really wanted to get back to our roots with this third album. All of us have grown up since FYWDI, and most of that album was just us jamming in the key of Amaj7, celebrating the record sales." Service Unavailable is a song that, also according to Lehman, is a song praising the girlfriends most of the band never had. It's quite a happy tune, with an epic solo, leading into an angelic chorus reciting the chorus the final time: "WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH, OF YOUR STUFF"

Another predicted hit, entitled "Paramore" also has an interesting story. Eifion Lewis tells the anecdote: "For the song, we wanted distortion on the guitar that undeniably sounded like a hot girl whining. In order to do that, we hired technicians to help us out. The expense was a little overwhelming, but the song turned out great." And great it definitely is. The song is comprised of lyrics from Paramore songs, but set to a clean rythym guitar and the aforementioned guitar adding color to the vocalist.

The band also included their signature jam instrumental track "Gimme All Your Money." Jake Adjutant discussed the tune: "The song features every member of the band on an instrument they're not used to playing: I played bass guitar, Svart on drums, Eifion on Clarinet, and Brandon on lead guitar. Then, halfway through the song, we turned on the drum machine and switched back to our main instruments. That also featured Eifion on Harmonica, and me on keyboards."

Finally, I asked Joey what he thought about the criticism that the new song "Majora's Mask" is supposed to be a Nostradamus-style prediction of what will happen if McCain gets elected president. His response: "WTF?"

Overall, the album really shows the greatest parts of the band. The final track, "Snypers" really shows the skill of the band: soaring high notes, catchy guitar riffs, fast solos, over-the-top sax solos, musical intelligence, and a sly sense of humor that only British people could understand.

Back to top Go down
Gear Me Up
hey dude what're you doing in my break room
Gear Me Up

Male
Number of posts : 2254
Job/Hobbies : rollerblades
Humour : funny
Svartikins : and
Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-08

Me!
Class: Elvis Impersonator
Weapon: Harpoon
Mount: broom broom car

Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable"   Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:47 am

then i
Back to top Go down

Album Reviews: "Service Unavailable"
Page 1 of 1